Anti-Lock Brakes Malibu 2001, 3.1

Got a problem with the anti-locks. When I am turning and braking at the same time, for example when pulling into the drive way, the anti-lock brakes are coming on just as the car is coming to a halt.
Road condition is dry. This doesn't happen when I come to a halt in a straight line? Any ideas? ABS idiot light doesn't show.
Suggestions appreciated.
Needs to be scanned with an abs function scanner to look at comparative wheel speeds, sounds like a lazy ft speed sensor.

-
I have an 04 malibu and it does the same thing and we had it checked out and it has ABS Brakes and the light on my car does not come on. The mechanic said the car will make the noise with ABS Brakes, so i keep driving it. If ou get anymore ideas please email me. snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

i have 02 and my abs light was coming on once in a while... come to find out the wheel bering was getting bad ... replaced it and everything is fine now

I had problems with the ABS and finally a noisy wheel bearing on our '01 Maliboo-hoo. I learned that the ABS sensor & pickup are integral to he wheelbearing and that they fail too often. Our problems all went away when I had the front wheel bearing replaced. I believe there were codes that could be read if the ABS light ever went on. Your problem may be a faulty cable if turning he wheel causes it to occur.
- Duane
How much did it cost to replace the hub assembly? Was it around the $400 mark?
How much did it cost to replace the hub assembly? Was it around the $400 mark?

The dealer initially wanted ~$500 but we negotiated. I talked with the GM service assistance on the phone, even though it was out of warranty. GM covered the part which would have cost me $150 from Murray's with a lifetime warranty. And the dealer agreed to put the part in for $120. It was much better than a sharp stick in the eye!
I'd shop around, but give GM a chance, especially if you have given them some business already.
Good luck! - Duane
Hub assembly is easy to replace. You can do it. I think the part is around 175 - 200.

I got the garage to do it and made payment with my right kidney, of course they did tell me that the bearing on the other side was on it's way out as it was clicking. Well it can click until it grumbles. I also had to get the track rod end replaced as the boot was torn and of course, the alignment needed done. Kerching, kerching for that GM service department.