Astro Van frame

Hi, I'm looking to find out of the frame used in these vehicles including axles, springs and front end steering components are part of a package that GM used in both trucks and vans? Or was the one used in the Astro & Safari
of its own design? I do know that the steering & front end linkage etc. when compared to the late models are different from the older Astro Vans of the nineties. The steering radius is considerably less in my 2003. It has four wheel disc brakes. I'm wondering if this was re-designed with the rear wheel steering in mind. Other owners that have owned both older and late model gm pick-up trucks may have noticed this change too if they are of the same frame, axle etc. I only seen a few new ones other than mine up on a hoist and they seem the same but I'm not an expert.
Astro and Safari are built with the same frames as the S-10 and Sonoma pickups.

that
when
wheel
gm
My 2000 Safari has a stub frame from under the front passenger seats forward and a uni-body from there on back. A friend told me this before I bought it. I had the dealer put it on the lift so I could check it out. It does have a 6,000 Lb. tow rating according to the literature. In contrast, the 1993 Ford Aerostar that I owned before the Safari had a full frame under it. The 1993 S-10 pickup I owned also had a full frame under it.
--
Dumpster