Attention Ian--01 Impala transmission problems

Hi Ian. I just read your post regarding police impala transmission problems and have a problem myself that I thought you could answer. Today while coming to a stop for the red light (applying the brakes at 40km/hr) my 01
impala started to shudder. When light turns green and lightly accelerating again it starts to shake. It feels like I went over a tree branch. I got no codes (no light came on) but I am still under warranty. I have 5 weeks left and do you think the dealership can do anything for me since it only happened once? I see there is a service bulletin for this transmission (00-07-30-002B) but would the dealership perform this without having the problem duplicated on site? I drove on the highway just after and everything is fine. I floored it a couple of times while going 60km/hr and no hard shifts or anything? Any suggestions? I thought the GM 4T-65E was very reliable. Aren't GM vehicles known for reliable transmissions and you are recommending a ford vehicle in the crown victoria. Thank you for your usual helpful recommendations. Vince
vince markarian wrote:

It's doubtful that they will have much luck fixing anything unless you can duplicate the problem again for them. Are you sure that it's necessarily the transmission that is causing this shaking and shuddering? It's possible it's some sort of driveability problem.

Probably not, unless you had been in for the same complaint multiple times.

I would suggest that you take it in and have them look at it for the problem. Try to describe the problem in detail. See if they come up with any history codes. Even if they don't find anything or fix anything, you now have your complaint on file "during" the warranty period. Often, if the problem starts to get worse just out of the warranty period, the dealership can look back and see that you had complained of the problem during the warranty period and can do something for you.

Yeah, they are fairly good transmissions, but I don't think they do well in a "police interceptor" type of car. I think someone else mentioned it, but that Chrysler 300 RWD car would make a fine looking cop car.
Ian
Thank you. Vince

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 23:42:12 GMT, "vince markarian"

Get them to hook it up to their scanner.
Similar thing happened to my Malibu, and it turned out to be a clogged injector.