Best epoxy or superglue etc

I need to repair a crack in the plastic housing of door mounted mirror on a chevy truck. It relatively new in black plastic. What is the best type of epoxy etc..

Reply to
mesquito_creek

Take it to an interior shop and see if they can heat weld it.

Reply to
Eightupman

What type of plastic is it? Superglue works ok on styrene.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

@#@ I like the new polyurethane glues for this type of repair.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

If you can take the mirror apart, and fix from inside, PC 7 works well, it has a stringy texture that smooths and sands well. JB weld is good too, but more liquidly.

I've seen bondo filler used with mixed results, the UV curing [ Sunset ] has possibilities

Reply to
451CTDS

Marine Tex at boat store, hardens like steel, Use wax paper over top to smooth out, Let dry as per directions then wax paper will peal off so you can sand, paint per choice

Reply to
E Perry

There is a special epoxy which will work for 'hard' plastics, and you can get it at WalMart, or similar stores. It works where other types fail you. And it is relatively cheap. Comes in a two barrel syringe.

Reply to
<HLS