Buick LeSabre belt replacement

'97 Buick LeSabre alternator belt replacement, 3800 V6, I have looked at the car and it seems as if you have to remove the engine mount to get it off, is
this correct? If so, is it the sort of thing you can do in your driveway, or do I need to get under the car, and/ or get deep into the thing? Thanks to all,
-- David Algie Algie Composite Aircraft http://members.iquest.net/~aca /

the
is
or
You are supposed to remove the front mount. With the weight of the engine supported by a jack (with wood between the pan and the pad). Charles
You're talking about the drive belt, not the timing belt.
Ok. Now I'm inserting words. Sorry. I'll shut up now!
I AGREE WITH YOU CHARLES IN REPLACING THE BELT. I JUST DID ONE ON MY 1997 BUICK LESABRE WITH 3800 GM. A MECHANIC SHOP WANTED 214.00 PLUS PART TO DO IT. I GAVE HIM THE SOLDIERS ONE FINGER SALUTE AND DID IT MYSELF. EV

off,
driveway,