Warning Chimes 1995 Cavalier

Hello Team,

I have just diagnosed a battery run-down problem by removing fuses until I found the one that stopped the flow of amps. It controlls interior lights, including glove and trunk, warning chimes and, according to the owner's manual, the radio, although the radio works without it and there is another fuse for the radio. I suspect it is the warning chimes because they are not working and it does not seem to be any of the lamps. I'd be content to forget about fixing the warning chimes, but just disconnecting whatever short circuit is there.

Does anybody know how to get to the warning chimes on this model?

Thanks,

Goof Dude

Reply to
Goof Dude

My guess the chime box is either behind the glovebox, or around the steering colum someplace above.

Reply to
A Frazier

Goof Dude wrote in alt.autos.gm

Not right off, but check the trunk light, sometimes it stays on. But, if your chimes aren't working it is possible that the wire going to them is shorted. But, that should only come into play if something is activating the chimes. One thing to do is to try to remember what activates them, and check those circuits. To do this you should get yourself a manual with a wiring diagram. Go to your local library to look for one, or if you have a library card you might be able to go online to All Data. Another possibility is a used book store.

If you have a digital radio you have 2 hot wires it. One for the radio itself, which usually separate, one to keep the clock and memory going.

Reply to
Dick C

Use the same process of elimination on those things the fuse controls. I've known trunk and glove box lights to stay on. Check your dome and mirror lamps if you have them. I've seen radios draw current for no reason, too. I'd unplug the radio and see if it goes away if it's not the lamps.

Reply to
hyundaitech