Cadillac HT4100 engine info needed 1984 Seville HT 4100

Whats the scoop with these engines ? They were produced from 1982-89 it appears. I'm looking at a cherry 84 Cadillac Seville with the HT 4100. Car is
perfect, with 85,000 miles, but the all aluminum V8 scares me. Was this what they called a 8-6-4 engine in this model of car, or was that used earlier then 1984 ?
Any idea where I can find some good 1984 specs on this car ? horsepower, weight, capcities,
Thanks ! HR
This is not the 864, which in actuality was a better engine, the 4100, was in my opinion one of the worst engines ever produced by GM. I worked for Cadillac as a factory troubleshooter for 25 years during that debacle, oil leaks, camshaft problems, main bearing problems, advantanges, lite weight and at the time good fuel mileage and low emissions, most engine shad to be replaced by the time an 84 is still running. Let me know what specifically you want to know.

-
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

No, this was not the 8-6-4 engine. These are one of the worst engines ever made by GM. Engine replacements for them from GM are discontinued now. When we get one in our shop with a blown motor....there isn't much you can do other then get a used motor...which is a waste of time as you just have another piece of crap. There are some sites on the web that attempt to explain what a great motor they were. I wouldn't buy one if I were you. And they aren't all-aluminium, the heads are cast iron, block is aluminum.
Ian