CAn anyone offer a little help?

I drive a 94 Cavalier , lately it has been over heating , i replaced the rad hoses , and it doesnt over heat anymore. But now it shakes when i get to 100kms/h and even though its not over heating the dash
is always really hot. It also feels like the car isnt getting any gas. My mechanic says theres nothing wrong with it , does anyone else have any idea what might be going on? Brandi
Find another mechanic. One that is qualified...

With a clunker like that you could need all sorts of suspension parts like tie rods, struts and ball joints. How much are you willing to put into it to go over 100KM/hr? It could even be as simple as a bad tire. You could experiment yourself by moving tires front to back and testing it. Jack up the front end and check for loose parts too. Get an alighnment done somewhere and they will likely give you a list of needed items.
brandio wrote in alt.autos.gm

I assume that you had the car repaired by the same mechanic that that told you nothing was wrong. As someone else said, get a new mechanic. Obviously there is something wrong. Your dash does not get hot because the engine is overheating, it gets hot because of possibly an electrical problem or because the heat is blowing onto it. The shaking could be caused by the front end going bad, or because of an engine problem. However, I would not put too much more money into this old car, you would be better off getting a newer better car. And for what you will spend getting it fixed, you could at least make a tidy down payment on something.

--
Dick #1349