Can I suck Tranny fluid out the filler neck ?

I have a 1991 Buick Regal 3.8 automatic that needs to have the transaxle fluid changed . I was told sucking it out the filler neck won't work . Is that true ?

You most likely can suck it out through the filler tube but normally you would want to drop the pan to change the filter if the fluid is due for a change. FWIW YMMV For email remove "_no_spam_"