Cavalier lighter socket

The lighter socket in my 2002 Cavalier shorted out, or at least that's where I need to start. How do I get to it? Any "on line" help or pictures?
Al

It requires the use of a special tool, kent-moore J42059. It is shaped like a "T" on the business end and engages into some windows on the outlet to release. They are pretty sturdy locking tabs on the outlet, and you risk casualty by doing it improperly.