CD player kaput?

'95 LaSabre with the factory cd/radio. My cd player reads *ERR* at every cd insertation. Then it doesn't want to give the cd back when I push eject. All
other functions are fine. Anyone have a similar problem? Any fixes? Thanks.
--
jeff wald

Ditto....I gave up. Liz

cd
All
Thanks.
More then likely the laser is bad. Its 10 years old.
Take it in to a place, like ours, that fixes OEM radios. Very simple. Should be around $125 to $180 to repair. Including labor to take in and out of your car.

Of course you can find them on ebay for $30-$50 sometimes, pretty easy to get them out.
its junk
buy a new stereo from www.bought4less.com

cd
All
Thanks.
Im an electronics tech,to me it sounds like 2 problems.First of all it is reading err,most likely it needs cleaning.For the problem with ejecting thats the take up&eject rollers.You could try to clean the laser with a Q-tip,then slide a Q-tip side to side in the slot where the disk goes,do this while the cd is turned on.If you dont want to try,It may only cost $60.00 or so to have serviced
try a cd / dvd lens cleaner. The problem with ejecting may be related to the error in reading. It is still in the stage of trying to identify the cd before proceeding to the next task of ejecting. I have a dvd player that does this.
--
Denis Roy
D. Roy Woodcraft