Changing speakers in Cavalier

Recently purchased a 2001 Cavalier with 4 speakers and stock stereo. I have a pair of nice 6x9 Jensen speakers and was thinking of switching them with the stock rear speakers for a little better sound. The stock speakers are each connected to a plug with several wires and the Jensens have only two wires each. Does anyone know how I could hook up the two wire speakers to the existing speaker wires?

Thanks, Rob.

Reply to
robs

I believe that each of the rear speakers in your machine consists of a tweeter and sub-woofer. There should be four wires to each speaker. The audio system sends separate signals to each section of the speaker. Don't know if there is an aftermarket speaker that can match your requirements, but there probably is.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Use only the RED and BLK wires to hook up your rear speakers. RED is (+) and BLK is (-).

Reply to
Steve Mackie