Coolant leak AGAIN, 2001 Impala

Hello All: I have a 2001 Impala LS, 3800 V6, with 40K miles. Two weeks ago, I had a coolant leak near the rear of the intake. Dealer performed 'campaign', and sent me on my way. Well, two weeks later and approx

120 miles, I got a coolant leak in the same location. Questions: 1) Should I return to the dealer, or is it time to find a good local mechanic? 2) Since the 'campaign' did not fix the problem, what do you think is the cause? 3) Any idea of costs? (I just got laid off form my job of almost 11 years). Thanks for any advice! Merry Christmas to all!

Bill

88 Lancer Shelby 91 LeBaron Convertible 01 Chevy Impala LS
Reply to
Billccm

No brainer, go back let them take their responsibility.

Reply to
Rick

I agree with Rick. If they give you any shit, Call GM directly, since the campaign should be covered under warranty for 12k miles

Reply to
clevere

They should be fix it and fix it right...there is only one way...this is a well known problem with these vehicles...if you get any flack, call the

Reply to
Skeezicks Nickels

Reply to
Bobo

With 40k miles I bet the best he can do is 50/50 with a case number. You will need to call GM and start a complaint file with a customer service rep.

Reply to
Mike