2001 Impala - correct coolant level

My Impala (2001, 3.4, 50K) just had two repairs. BlockHeater was leaking coolant. The coolant sensor broken (the second time in two years - too many repairs). Both replaced.

I just got the car back home from the dealer, and took a look at the coolant tank. The Dexcool level is 4-inches above Hot mark! This seems not right ( too high?). The level used to be at Hot, and almost no change for years. I called the dealer, and was told: it's fine as long as it's above Hot mark. Is that right?

Thanks!

John

Reply to
John61

It is just fine. The tank allows for expansion and contraction of the fluid and has extra space in it for just things like this. It is not possible for it to do any damage to anything.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I've found that the level in the tank will go down a bit over a few days or so as air bleeds out of the system after a repair or flush.

Reply to
gad

Thanks all. So, I understand that's why they made it over hot mark.

Reply to
John61