Diagnostic Code P0507 - Idle Speed High ? 2000 Chevy Venture

I have a code P0507 Idle Speed High. What causes this? I am not sure what to do. Is it the PCV or the IAC (idle air control)or both and where is the IAC located
and what does it look like.
I ordered a manual today, but it will take a week to get here. So I need your help.
Thanks
Chris
ChrisGW wrote:

I have answered part of my question, I found the IAC. Also, I erased the code and have driven about 5 different times now and it has not come back. I was wondering if bad gas or ethanol in the gas could cause this? I filled up the other day and did not realize the gas had ethanol in it.
Chris

Ethenol.........there aint nothing wrong with ethenol! my elected representatives paid off by the corn farmers tell me its just fine to use. just a little costly compared to gasoline, but whats money anuyway?...........kjun
Inspect for the following conditions:
. Restricted air intake system--Inspect for:
- Collapsed air intake duct
- Restricted air filter element
- Foreign objects blocking the air intake system
. Throttle body--Inspect for:
- Objects blocking the IAC passage or throttle bore
- Excessive deposits in the IAC passage and on the IAC pintle
- Excessive deposits in the throttle bore and on the throttle plate
. Large vacuum leak--Inspect for a condition that causes a large vacuum leak, such as a incorrectly installed or faulty PCV valve or brake booster hose disconnected.
When the intake air is restricted, the IAC tries to increase the idle. When it reaches its limit ( the pintle can't open any further), the PCM sets the high voltage code.
It could also be ice in the PCV. This can happen after a series of short trips when it's cold outside. The moister that forms in crank case vent system does'nt have a chance to evaporate, unless the engine reaches full operating temperature.

a real question after my govenment rant.....is the idle speed actually higher than normal? BTW: can you cancel your order on manual? i have a set of factory manuals i have no use for and would let go on the cheap?...kjun
Kjun wrote:

I appreciate the offer the manuals were already shipped and I got word they will be here tuesday.
Once again thank you though.
Chris
ChrisGW wrote:

You may be overdue for the dreaded intake manifold gasket replacement if it hasn't been done yet.
John Horner wrote:

That was just done about four weeks ago.