Diagnostic scanners

I was interested to get a diagnostic scanner to check out the problem my car would have when the service light would come on. I have a 2004 grand prix
and was looking at the one scanner called "autoxray 6000" and was wondering is a good product or is there a better one out there. I want to be able to load the codes in the remote and then transfer them to my laptop for storage incase they need to be compare for later when there is a problem. Let me know what your opion are on these scanners and which one you are using.
TB
I use a scan tool made by autoenginuity.com. Uses your laptop computer instead of the hand held display. Cost me about $180 on ebay. Works with all 1996 and later vehicles with OBDII systems. Check it out.

Also you might check out http://www.obd-2.com/#home I use it with my laptop.