Engine noise

I have a '96 Buick LeSabre that recently had a rebuilt engine installed(shop damaged the original engine). The engine makes a "tinny" noise when I accelerate. The more gas I give it, the louder the noise.
It doesn't do it when the car is in park or neutral. The car didn't make this noise before the rebuilt was installed. Any ideas as to what might be causing the problem? Thanks.

If it is detonation (sounds like somebody shaking a tin can full of marbles), start by looking for missing/disconnected/defective knock sensor. Several other possibilities exist but that's where I'd begin.
Regards, Al.
Len wrote:

Possibly a loose or broken exhaust pipe or exhaust manifold.
Could be a cracked flex plate, just a guess. A car will run fine with a failed flex plate, my Chevelle had all four ribs broken, yet the car ran fine, occasional noise when making sharp turn.
I took it in for spring replacement, and the mechanic told me after a test drive, that he wanted to remove the flywheel cover, and look at the flex plate, when he showed me chips in the pan, I told him to go ahead and change plate. I was suprized when he showed me the old one, and was dumbfounded to realize car ran at all.