headlight change 2000 cavalier

i have deduced it is a blown headlight on the drivers side. when i use my lights, the service light does not come on. my new question, how do i change the bulb? does the face plate pop off the headlight? or must
i remove the battery and go in from the rear? ha ha! no jokes please! i do know you dont replace whole piece as on some vehicles, it is just a bulb replacement.
Some cars you need to unbolt the headlight unit & pull it out some to gain acess to the bulbs. Some you might get your hand in through some opening, or from underneath. Or you might need to remove other components.
The instructions should be in the owners manual if you have one.
Do not touch the new bulb glass when handling the new bulb.
Good luck.
Harryface 05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
boomer10132003 wrote:

I know modern cars are strangely built, but it's safe to think that what works on one side, works on the other.