2000 Cavalier A/C

Can someone give me info on how to re-charge the A/C in my 2000 cavalier..thanks

Reply to
kiwiusa

Why what did you do to it.

Reply to
Paradox

I haven?t done anything to it..............it needs charging and was hoping someone could send me in the correct direction on how to go about that.

Reply to
kiwiusa

The right direction is to an A/C repair shop. If it has lost coolant it has a leak and this needs repaired. Unless you know haw to service it get help...

Reply to
Woody

If your system is low enough to have air in it, you will have to take it to a shop to be pumped down. If it has taken 5 years to leak enough refrigerant to make it inoperative, then you may be able to get by, by purchasing a 134A charge kit w/gauge at your nearest FLAPS. Be careful if you do this. If you hook it up wrong, you could be blinded or killed. They make these kits pretty much foolproof, these days, but the warning is still valid. H

Reply to
Hairy
Reply to
slow2pt2

"slow2pt2" wrote: > Go to Auto Zone, pick-up a can of R-134 refrigerant (should be > $13), follow directions on can. there you go.

Thank you.

Reply to
kiwiusa