help me unlock my gm radio please

ok changed battery and i can not get my radio to unlock by using my code. i read within this group and saw that someone else had this problem and i did
what bobo suggested for them by hitting my 2 and 3 button at the same time to get a number and then the am/fm button. the numbers i got were 972 then 987. any help would be greatly appreciated.
your unlock code is 1185 ... Press the hour and minute button to enter the numbers on the display, thgen press am/fm ... after that the radio should display -sec- ... to remove the code simply use the hour and minute buttons to enter in the code a second time and press am/fm again.. if entered right after forst unlock, the code will be wiped from the system and never lock up again... Bobo