Henderson to hit the road...

http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/01/autos/gm_henderson/index.htm
And another one bites the dust.....

hls wrote:

Leaving the HMS Titanic in a rush.

I like this part about the "right direction"
Whitacre said Tuesday that he and the board are convinced that GM is moving in the right direction. But GM recently reported a loss of $1.2 billion since its emergence from bankruptcy on July 10 through Sept. 30. Meanwhile, rivals Toyota Motor (TM) and Ford Motor (F, Fortune 500) reported surprise profits in the period due to the spike in sales from the Cash for Clunkers program.
Both Ford and Toyota are still in the red, year to date. Fords stock is up over 400% since one year ago, however.

But Ford, Toyota, Honda, BMW didn't require a $60,000 per vehicle 2009 debt charge to taxpayers to deliver vehicles.
Fors stock is up because they made some small amount of money. Which means their ride to the sewer may have stopped. GM on the other hand needs more taxpayer debt funded moneys.
Mike Hunter wrote:

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

You are a bit behind the curve, that ship has already sunk. "General Motors" no longer exists, except in the records of the Bankruptcy Court. ;)

Chose the new name then:
Goner Motors Good-bye Money Government Motors Gimme Money Gouge More Giant Malignancy Graft & Malace Give More
Their new motto could be: At GM we keep on sucking.
I prefer Government Motors, applicable since they can't make a profit in 2009 even with a $60,000 per vehicle subsidy provided by debt saddled on the taxpayer.