Ignition lock question

The key lock cylinder is turning fine except in the engine crank position it seem to be short in stroke. I believe the reason I could not start the
car because of the "Park" gear selector switch. Does anyone know where the switch is and how to access it. I can still drive the van by using the remote starter to start the engine and using the key for ignition switch (turn to ignition position).
Vehicle: 1992 Transport van