Interesting 3.1 gasket links

http://www.carquest.com/techbulletins/gaskets/gskms15704.pdf http://www.jasperengines.com/tech/GM_3.1_3.4_TB.pdf
Bob

"BOB URZ" wrote

The first link just goes to show you how long the problem has been around. The picture of the gasket in the first link is the old style paper gasket from the late 80's. No internet back then to spread the word as quickly as it does now.
Ian
The Jasper link says "1996-2003 GM 3.1 or 3.4L VIN J & E engines." If I have a 3.1L with VIN "M" engine (1999 Chev. Malibu), does that mean I'm not affected?

"Joe Blow" wrote

No, you are affected.
Ian