mercedes radio code

I disconnected the battery and now the radio won't work. Anyone know how to get the code so I can get it to work again. Thanks Bill

Bill wrote:

This is alt.autos.gm Since when is a Mercedes made by GM?
---Bob Gross---
sorry - don't know the answer.
Wait a minute !? What's a Mercedes owner doing disconnecting a battery in the first place?
I thought guys with the $$$ that drive a Mercedes paid others to work on their cars?
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,329 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Oy Vey ! Back to Palm Beach you go !
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,329 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
You will have to contact a Mercedes dealer. You will need to provide proof of ownership ( I am not trying to be a smart ass.) They will have to pull the radio and get the serial number they have to give this to Mercedes so that they can look up the "Factory Code". This only works if the radio was not reprogrammed by the dealer or a prior owner. I use to be a car stereo installer/repairman and have seen this a few times. I had a rig I made that used a 9 volt battery and a cigarette lighter plug. This would provide power to the radio memory/clock so I could disconnect the car battery. Hope this helps and Good Luck.

to get