New car purchase GMS Discount

Does anyone know if a dealer can/would negotiate less than the General Motors discount price? I am getting the GMS prive for a new Trailblazer, which is just a little under what he's offering everyone else, after knocking off 2800 buck off MSRP. I'm thinking he should knock that much off the GMS price for me. Anyone know?

Reply to
Blue

Blue wrote in alt.autos.gm

If you have an idea of what the dealer really paid for the car, and this not what the sticker says, and you are good at bargaining, then you can get the price lower. The real problem is that you most likely do not have the skills needed to do it, and the salesmen at the dealer have all the skills, and all the advantages. Very few people are in a postion to learn or practice these skills. There are no purchases, other than a car, where we do the type of bargaining needed. Not even when buying a house. At best the buyer makes an offer through an agent, and then the seller decides whether or not the accept it. At a car dealership the buyer is all by himself, at the mercy of the most skilled pick pockets in the world.

Reply to
Dick C

Reply to
John

You can ask if to show you the price on the invoice

Reply to
Tj

Trailblazer,

Reply to
Tj

Send you an email. You should get all public incentives as well as GMS.

Reply to
HRL

Yep....I got one at the discount price, plus all of the incentives they were offering at the time....took close to $4,000 off the price of the car.

Reply to
Brad Clarke