OBD II code reader tool

Whats out there for a decent priced code reader for these newer units to read and clear codes?? Or even one that would work on say the early 90's cars too.
I used to work as a tech in a garage but left in 1996. Back then the shop had expensive Snap ON scan tools. I don't want nothing that pricy. I've seen some code readers etc. at auto stores for $200 bucks.
Check here http://www.obd-2.com/#home

read and clear codes?? Or even one that would work on say the early 90's cars too.

had expensive Snap ON scan tools. I don't want nothing that pricy. I've seen some code readers etc. at auto stores for $200 bucks.

I've found two popular one's that I can get locally. The Innova 3100 or the OTC 3769 both are about the same price. Though I may be able to go through a friend who works at dealer to get a better price. Anyone have one of these units?
I had a look at the OTC and it was the same unit. But it did come with a plastic case.

read and clear codes?? Or even one that would work on say the early 90's cars too.

had expensive Snap ON scan tools. I don't want nothing that pricy. I've seen some code readers etc. at auto stores for $200 bucks.

I'm using an Auto X-Ray code reader purchased at the local Kragen auto parts. So far it has done just what I needed to do to read out trouble codes on my '96 Volvo and a friends '97 Ford Explorer. I haven't had cause to plug it into the '02 Olds yet ....
John
says...

If you got a PDA or are thinking of getting one look into scantool attatchments for those. Not only will they read codes and clear them (minus abs and srs) but they will also graph a number of sensors. And when you're not using it as a scantool it can do a number of other things as well.

I tried one of the laptop PC attachment style low cost code readers and the software was buggy. For my purposes the Auto XRay is fine.
John