OBDII - ABS

Would an OBD-II scanner read ABS codes? The car in question is an '02 Malibu.

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

It would if it had the correct software.

ABS is not an OBD-II protocol, so it isn't automatic, the tool would need to be capable of more than just generic OBD-II

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thanks 'cuda. Any recommendations as to a particular tool that would do this?

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

For GM, the Tech 2 is the top choice. $3-6K depending on whether new or used and how many add ons you get.

In the aftermarket, Snap-On MT-2500, Modis, Solus, Solus Pro, tons available on e-bay for a fraction of what they cost new.

Laptop/PC based, Auto Enginuity has the best bang for the buck. The base OBD2 package +GM enhanced runs about $400, so far no charge for updates.

Avoid anything made by OTC unless it's dirt cheap.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

A bit out of my price range right now. I just a DIY polebarn wrench turner. I'm also in the middle of an R&R of the engine in my '97 Dakota.

Thanks again.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart