OBDII - ABS

Would an OBD-II scanner read ABS codes? The car in question is an '02 Malibu.
Thanks,
Ken

It would if it had the correct software.
ABS is not an OBD-II protocol, so it isn't automatic, the tool would need to be capable of more than just generic OBD-II

Thanks 'cuda. Any recommendations as to a particular tool that would do this?
Ken

For GM, the Tech 2 is the top choice. $3-6K depending on whether new or used and how many add ons you get.
In the aftermarket, Snap-On MT-2500, Modis, Solus, Solus Pro, tons available on e-bay for a fraction of what they cost new.
Laptop/PC based, Auto Enginuity has the best bang for the buck. The base OBD2 package +GM enhanced runs about $400, so far no charge for updates.
Avoid anything made by OTC unless it's dirt cheap.

A bit out of my price range right now. I just a DIY polebarn wrench turner. I'm also in the middle of an R&R of the engine in my '97 Dakota.
Thanks again.
Ken