OT 4 GM - Neighbors 90 Lincoln

A guy down the block has a 90 Lincoln Continental ( FWD ). He's had an off an on problem for about 6 months with the brake shift interlock not working where he could not get the car out of park.
It took some hard braking & lever jiggling to get it to finally shift - until last week. The car decided to remain in park. Had the car towed to a local mechanic.
Mechanic determined it was a cracked wire in the trunk going to the left brake light bulb that caused the shift interlock to not work.
He repaired the wire & all is fine. He told my neighbor if it happens again try turning the hazard flashers on when you shift - this apparently completes the circuit and the shift interlock would function.
Just thought I'd pass this story along.
Harryface 05 Park Avenue 19,000 mi. 91 Bonneville LE - currently referred to as the " black table " in the garage.
I can remember when many Ford Co. products built before they had brake interlocks would jump out of Park and into Reverse if you left the motor running got out and slammed the door. I actually witnessed this happen many moons ago in front of a store at a mall. Fortunately nobody was hurt but there was plenty of damage.
Cheers - Jonathan