Pontiac Sunfire Door Latch

Alright heres my problem. Last night I took my car to the car wash (which I should have known was going to be a very dumb move, considering the temperature outside) Anways, this morning I opened my
driver side door and when I did the handle was extremely frozen, well anyways I got it open and now the door wont latch. The passenger door had the same problem with it being frozen, but it still latches when I shut it. I know the latch isant stuck but I can move it freely and I am still able to shut the door, it just wont latch. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Its a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire.

Let the car sit and idle with the doors closed and the heater on high.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

sometimes, when you open the door, the hook in the latch moved alittle further with a small spring. If that spring does not move it becuase of cold/sticky conditions, when you try to close it next time, it will not hatch properly.
open both sides and try to see if both of the latches are symetric.
good luck.