rad cap

I have noticed an arrow on the cap that arrow should be pointed to the overflow hose, thats ok ,but why ? Nothing obvious can be seen on the cap can you expalin ?

The arrows pointing toward the over flow hose indicate the cap is fully seated.
How disapointing is that ;-)
I was expecting some highly technical answer... !!
Thanks Harry ;-)