240dl: where should the temperature arrow be pointing at?

I recently took my car ('89 volvo 240DL) so they'd fix a problem with the engine block and they also changed the dashboard because the temp. gauge wasn't working. Now, the temperature arrow is pointing close to the orange section (over the halfway mark). With my old dash, the arrow never went higher than halfway and it was always at the bottom. Is this correct or should I be worried? I picked up the car today and I immediately noticed this.

Reply to
VM

Designed to point solidly at 9:00 (possibly just dirty contacts). IPD sells a mod which will turn this back into a gauge which will register all fluctuations.

Reply to
Bill Stehlin