ran out of gas now truck wont run

hello I ran out of gas the other day. well i got the tank full and now the truck wont run. it starts up just fine, but when you hit the gas it sounds awful like
a lawnmover, and most of the times dies. i changed the fuel filter, took off my air filter and the jets are spraying water into the throttle body just fine. I have a 1994 gmc sierra 1500. its 5.7 v8. i plugged in my code reader and it said the map sensor had set off a code, but when i turn the truck on now it doesnt say i have an error. could the map sensor do this to the truck. thank you ahead of times
Eddie
message

Yep.....there's your problem. That'll do it every time. H
Water?????
loverboy408us wrote:

message

Maybe when you ran it out of gas you overheated the bearings in the fuel pump, or you sucked a bunch of rust into it? Is this an in-tank fuel pump?
Ted
Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

Fuel cools the pump and without that they burn up fast. His was probably on it's last legs anyway if original. The signs point to low fuel pressure. Running off the top half of the tank is best for longevity of the pump.