Re: Price fixing among tire manufacturers

I bought a box of nails for a buck at the local "Dollar Store".
Think of it;
Manufactured in a factory in China Trucked to a seaport Packed, shipped several thousand miles, Off-loaded at a US seaport, Trucked to a distribution center Trucked to the Dollar Store
...and still cheaper than nails made in Pittsburgh Pa. ???
Just the handling and transportation should keep the price prohibitive.
<rj>

Boggles the mind, but true. I've heard of many stories of small machined parts being made with acceptable or better quality at much less cost. I've seen cast aluminum tooling that would be $15,000 in the US in 12 weeks delivered by air freight from China for $4500 and three weeks. A metal part that is $1.20 in Ohio delivered from China for 85. Big difference when you buy 400,000 of them in a year. Not to mention, how can WalMart sell a toaster for $6.97?