Re: The Real Reagan legacy

Even if what you believe to be true, was actually true, what does that have to do with the facts about the economy that I posted, that you chose to
delete?

Repost of the facts;
The Reagan Presidency that eventually reversed the Carter double digit inflation, interest rates and unemployment and the return to a smaller federal government, with lower tax RATES for all Americans, led to over twenty years of sustained growth in both the GNP and the GDP.
You have no idea what you are talking about! What led to today's problems was the Dims regaining control of the House and Senate and the reversal of what Reagan began.
It has nothing at all to do with economics. I'm just providing some balance every time you make Reagan out to be some kind of saint.
And what I said is absolutely true. I'd suggest a book for you, but I suspect you don't like reading books.

Ya' right, get a life LOL

Ya right WHAT? You don't believe Reagan was instrumental in Pakistan obtaining nuclear weapons?

On Thu, 7 May 2009 13:34:37 -0400, Mike wrote:

Yes, Reagan and Paul Volcker. Volcker's bravery and insight in jacking interest rates was something the timid Bernanke could NEVER do. And something Burns and Miller never did.
Carter appointed Volcker, of course.
During his second term, Reagan appointed Alan Greenspan, a very significant instigator in the recent housing and commodity bubbles.

Only during his first term. During Reagan's second term spending increased quite a lot, resulting in a net INCREASE in the size of government over the entire eight years.

Lower taxes are always good. Reagan did good there, certainly. And so did Clinton. Cigar Billy was actually a pretty good president as far as taxing and spending went.

What led to today's problems was the abandonment of the "Contract with America" (anybody remember that?), and the Republicans having grown snouts and curly tails. It only got worse under Bush II, who spent more of your money than anybody since LBJ. The Republicans lost power all by their very own selves.
Yeah, NOW the Repubs have suddenly got religion and are all hot for limited government. AFTER they squandered what they had. Idiots.
Why do the pinkos always prevail? Because there's no real opposition.
People in general, politically, tend to think pink, even if they do quite otherwise in most other areas of their lives.
You are entitled to you own opinion of history, no matter how convoluted it may be. What I posted was factually correct however. Search the Congressional Record for the truth, would be my advice.