Too good to be true??

How come these prices seem so darn good....anyone had experience with these guys??

Isn't this a $700 crank??
All these things seem WAYYYY cheap....whats the deal?

~peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

On 27 Jan 2004 08:15:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Nxqzablesk8er) ran around screaming and yelling:

notice on the first link for the volkstroker "good to 5500rpm and

130HP"...that is a cast crank....my voices in my head say don't do it...

i am in the process of gathering parts for a 2275cc engine right now...my two choices of suppliers are John at Aircooled.net and CB performance.....John will *NOT* sell you any junk...you may pay a couple dollars more over the "other guys" but john has a *proven* record of standing by his products, and for excellent customer support...everything i have ever ordered from john has been good quality, well packed, and shipped very quickly...(and I mean *VERY* quickly)....i have dealt with CB performance for the last 12-13 years and have always had good luck with them also...they have an excellent reputation for quality products at a good price also...here is a link to the "super race rod engine kit"...it has their "super race crank" and the "super race rods" and the pistons to go with it...:

continue asking questions, doing your homework, and good luck.. J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Yes I have done business with them and because they are out of Lausiana and shipping is cheaper to east coast. I started ordering when they started up and even with confusion on there end they did a great job on getting my orders to me.

I'm sure there inventory consist of most of the products made for VWs so you might want to talk to them if ordering parts

Reply to
Kafertoys

Well, I know aircooled.net sells german couterweighted cranks with a

69 mm stroke for around 270 bucks, but that crank has a 78.4 mm stroke. The thing that catches my eye, is that the crank is only good to 5500 RPm and 130 HP. Figures seem a little low to me, most *good* counterweighted cranks should be good to at *least* 6500 RPM. Otherwise, what's the point? A stock vw crank can make 5500 rpm absolute max, before it will start to pound out the bearings. ~Anthony
Reply to
Anthony

Isn't this a $700 crank??>

Lee's prices seem to be better than other's for the same items. I bought my Weber 40's from him for $459.95, around $100 less than others selling the exact same thing.

B.C. Bugger

Who's lee???

Ya, john has good stuff, and great company. But the engine i'd like to build through his site $2800, where as i can see by peicing it together from good deals, i could save prob $500 in the process. Im not in any hurry, im actually just going to buy parts as i get the money, and stock pile them. So i just want the best deals. ~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

What brand are these from CB Performance??

Nxqzablesk8er

I think CB has their own shop mill them, I'm assuming you're talking about the cranks?

B.C. Bugger

Lee Robertson. I assume he's the owner operator but I dunno. I always get replies from him when I e-mail Action, seems knowledgeable. He suggested going with the 40's instead of the 44's for my 1776 w/044's unless I had some serious porting and polishing. He also talked about re-working 40's to run on 2L + engines as he's done it before, must know something?!? :o)

Although others *may* give you good deals I've heard nothing but good about John, seems like he goes that extra mile. It's the intangibles like customer service that really are a true measure of value, not just price.

B.C. Bugger

On 27 Jan 2004 19:22:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Nxqzablesk8er) ran around screaming and yelling:

they are "Cb performance"..... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On 27 Jan 2004 19:16:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Nxqzablesk8er) scribbled this interesting note:

But if you buy from John C. you are getting quite a bit for that extra $500. He will give you technical assistance. He keeps loads of great informative articles up on his site. If you make a mistake in ordering he has been known to not give you want you ask for and instead substitute what you actually need. His guarantee can't be beat.

The trick is, you see, knowing which pennies to actually pinch.

John Willis

He won't GIVE you junk, either! I have an aircooled.net T-shirt from 99 and through the years, the grease, the baby barf and about a million washings it's STILL in pristine condition, looks like it's never been worn. If his shirts are that great imagine his car products!

Kidd

"A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

"Anthony" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

I thought a stock flat four would be good for about 3000rpm max. Low RPM, Low wear and high torque...Or am i confusing??

Roger

Reply to
Bug59

.................You said what I wanted to say before I could say it John.

........Watch it!...........

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Hmmm, I thought I also made that clear: :o)

of value, not just price.

Reply to
B.C. Bugger

.......................Since I'm not a Canadian, I didn't understand what 'intangible' meant.

............heh heh............just kidding.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On 27 Jan 2004 22:46:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kidd Andersson) ran around screaming and yelling:

my aircooled.net shirt has not faired as well as yours...LOL..it is still more or less "presentable" but has been moved to the "workshirt" rotation...(sorry John)...but at least this way alot more people see it around here(i work on several large construction sites)... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

...............I've been afraid of getting mine dirty so it's mostly been sitting in the dresser drawer for the past 2 years.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:21:46 -0500, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

that is how mine used to be...but now it gets worn once every week or two....but that equalls more exposure... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:11:56 -0500, "Tim Rogers" scribbled this interesting note:

Run faster Timmy, run faster!!!! You gotta' learn how to keep up!:~)

John Willis