Recalibrate speed indicator

Hi
All my apology for the mistake on my previous message "Recalibrate odometer". (2000 Venture) My english sometime is not very efficient :-)
BTW, I talk about the speed indicator but not the odometer. Now whan I run 50 mph, it shows 45 mph. Dealer can recalibrate the speed indicator ? Or any electronic plug-ins tools do-it yourself available ?
Thank you
This may help
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:56:57 +0200, "Christophe Salvaing"

This Venture is "europeanised" :-)) It comes with tires too little compare the american one : ride is very harsh. I swap it for american GM factory size tires. But now speedometer reading with stock tire is 7,5 % too slow.
Christophe
It can probably be reprogrammed. A dealer can do it. There are also sanning/programming devices on the market which might be able to. Check around.
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:54:41 +0200, "Christophe Salvaing"

"JRL1" wrote: > This may help > > http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html > On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:56:57 +0200, "Christophe Salvaing"
> > >Hi > > > >All my apology for the mistake on my previous message > "Recalibrate > >odometer". (2000 Venture) > >My english sometime is not very efficient > > > >BTW, I talk about the speed indicator but not the odometer. > >Now whan I run 50 mph, it shows 45 mph. > >Dealer can recalibrate the speed indicator ? > >Or any electronic plug-ins tools do-it yourself available ? > > > >Thank you > > > >
JRL is trying to show you that you did not move to the correct tire size if your speedometer is off. Your speedometer was calibrated for the area your vehicle was sold in and with the size tires it came with. To change tires you had to compensate somewhere or your speedometer will be off.
Ex. If you had a 205/70/15 then you would replace it with 205/50/17. Try these in the website and see what I am saying. Notice the outside diameter of the tire stays relitively the same while on the wheel size is changing.
Hopefully it is not too late for you take the tires back and exchange them for the correct new size. The only other way I know is to change the gear in the transmission but everyting is done electronicaly now...