Replacing Door bushings on a 92 buick regal.

Hello my driver door is currently very hard to open. I have to lift up on the handle very hard to open it. Are the hinges very difficult to repace on
these cars. When door is open there is alot of play in door. Do the hole hinges need replacing or is there replaceable bushings for it. Also do you think replacing them is a DIY job or a garage job

on
you
I have attempted replacing the pins and bushings in some GM products, and finally subbed the job out to a body shop. I just didnt have the wherewithall to do the job easily.
For many GM products, the bushings wear out quickly, especially if they are not lubricated properly.
The biggest problem I found was removing and replacing the springs inside the hinges.
I got a body shop to do it for $35 per side. Cheap.

Having done plenty of these door hinges I would consider $35 to be a pretty doggoned good price. Squirreling around with those hinges is one nasty pain in the butt.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

on
you
Look through this group for a similar thread on GM door hinges over the past few days. You'll find a thread that explains the process. In short - you need to replace the hinge bushings.