Steering and Tranny seems off.

Hi, I am just wondering the tranny seems to rev high on my 2001 Cavalier 4 speed automatic, after driving for a while. It will rev around 4500 - 5000RPM when accelerating into a turn from a stopped position (usually left is more noticable). and sometimes when accelerating it almost seems to double shift between 1st and 2nd gear.

Also, it feels like the steering is making a clunking noise when you move it to the right slightly or when you are making a sharp turn and the steering is cranked all the way to one side. I have had it to the dealership and they say the can?t replicate it but I can 90% of the time.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be or how to solve it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as it is getting frustrating.

Thanks!

Reply to
derbyit

Accelerating at 4500 to 5000 rpm with wheel fully turned can do nothing bet tear up the whole steering and suspension system. The solution is to stop driving like a maniac.....

"derbyit" wrote in message news:42277ee0$1 snipped-for-privacy@alt.athenanews.com...

Reply to
Woody

Accelerating to 5000 rpm in first gear while making sharp turns is really hard on the trans and rack & pinion. Sounds like they are both going bad and in need of repair.

Reply to
« Paul »