theft lock unlock

How do I unlock my GM stereo, I've tried pressing 2 & 3 presets and nothing happens. Someone said I may have to take it to the dealer because of it
being RDS but I wondered if anyone else knew anything about them
my vehicle is a 2000 Pontiac Montana, and the stereo came out of an 02 Grand Prix

abomb69 wrote:

Take it to a dealer and have it reprogrammed to the VIN number of the new vehicle. Make sure you bring a receipt that you bought the stereo legally or they won't touch it.
--
Steve W.

a friend bought a system at best buy and she gave this one too me

abomb69 wrote:

Have her write up a receipt on a piece of paper. Something like I (her name and phone number) gave this stereo from my (her vehicle) VIN number(her vin) to (your name) for installation in his (your vehicle).
If it is a theft loc unit they can unlock it and if it is a VIN loc unit they can reprogram it for you
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

your right about the sound difference. I think the Monsoon also used a few extra speakers as well.
harryface

As far as I know, it is the exact same deck, but the "Monsoon" package add's more speakers and a more powerful amplifier.
the monsoon did sound better A LOT better than the original stereo. yes now that I think about it the grand am has those little tweeters in the doors by the side view mirrors.