Way OT, Tundra Quarter Panels

Tonight I saw a regular cab Toyota Tundra ( 2004 ?? ) pick up truck. The rear quarter panels flared out & down and reminded me of the pick ups of the 30's 40's and 50's that had the external fenders that bolted on the
side of the bed. It was quite striking but lacked the boldness of Chevy's Flareside with the mini steps.
Must be something new.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_