Wheel Locking Lug Nuts. No socket

Just picked up a used car from a dealer- Tires are brand new but
have a locking type of lug nut with grooves drilled into the lug nut
so only a special socket will fit... Lug nuts are deep set in
aluminum alloy wheels.. The dealer has already
mentioned that he picked the car up at an auction.... so I
don't know if he has the key....(dealer is closed until Monday
morning).
So what's the best way to fix this issue... Do Auto Locksmiths
have master lug sockets?? Drilling out 4 lug nuts is out of the
question... What's the work around??
Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Look in the spare tire compartment.
--

Rob

<Peter> wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Checked the entire car...nowhere to be found....
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:40:06 -0600, "Rob G"

I have removed the type of wheel lock you have mentioned. There is a special socket to remove these with out the keyed socket. Most of the major tool dealers carry them (Snap-on, Mac, Matco,....). They require the use of an impact wrench to work. Check around I am sure you can find a source for the tool or a shop with one. MU
pound a socket over the lock lug to unscrew it. This is what theives do all the time.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,100 miles_~_~~_
Good idea !!! Dunno if I can use the same socket for all 4 lugnuts, but in a panic situation it's worth a try.
Thanks for your advice.... Good tip !!!!
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:48:55 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

The fact that you know that scares me Harry.

Pete,
It really doesn't matter if the dealer has the key or not. They should remove the locks for free. Put your foot down, man!
If you purchased a vehicle with wheel locks, they should provide you with a key, or remove the locks.
GMdude
Good news regarding the wheel nuts. I found a sticker in the tire jack compartment, (behind all the stuff) with the manufacturers name and the ID # of the wheel lock nuts.. AND an address where I can obtain a replacement key. ($6.00).
With any type of luck at all, I can get a replacement key.
Thanks all for your help and suggestions. This time I really lucked out. I'm sure there will be a next time...and all the suggestions wll come in handy.
Thanks again to all who responded !!!
On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 18:30:06 -0400, Peter wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:25:05 -0400, Peter wrote:

Order 2 keys and keep one in a safe place at home...