Locking Wheel Nuts Help!!!!

My Son has due to a move lost his box with the unlocking nut. They are of the half moon type, they were packed in a blue box. The number on the end of the nut appears to be:- EF 6M 10.9 G with what might be a sheild in the middle. He has a reference number which may be connected written in the car info. Vauxhall who were very helpful unfortunately cannot trace the number.

Can any one identify the manufacturer or stockist for me if they have a similar nut fitted?

Ray

Reply to
R.E. Jeffery

Cold chisel and big hammer.

Reply to
gazzafield

In message , gazzafield writes

What him said.

On a related note, anybody know a good supplier of locking wheel nuts? I need a new set for my 306, but alas as I have alloy wheels (factory fitted on the Vivant dontcha know), they are non-standard in the fact that they have around a 5mm threaded shoulder. I had a punt on a set on ebay, but they don't have a shoulder and the local garage refused to fit em[1].

[1] This is why I need a new set, my current set (type with 4 pegs on) is so knackered, only the gorilla at the local garage can get the buggers off. Luckily they took notice of me last time I was in and left em slightly less grunted up, so if I do have a puncture I can actually replace the wheel.
Reply to
mike. buckley

Maybe try a good nipple vice ?

Reply to
Keen Feltcher

Should be fun in Google. I might just help you look for one ;o)

Reply to
Howdy

I for gome good locking nuts from Halford's for my old Rover 214SEi and they were spot on as far as locking wheel nuts go!

Cheers Paul, Wakfield

Reply to
Paul

Or even Halfords sell locking wheel not removers for a tenner

Reply to
Duncanwood

The whole point of locking wheel nuts is so Tom, Dick or Harry can't just arrive with a wrench and remove the nuts. You will probably find the Halfrauds ones are for standard locking nuts as apposed to security locking nuts.

Reply to
Howdy

THe whole sales point of locking wheel nuts is that, I've yet to find one I can't undo.

You undo self locking nuts with a normal socket.

Reply to
Duncanwood

Thanks for advice, have bought the device and will be trying to remove tomorrow. Will advise results.

Ray

Reply to
R.E. Jeffery

If you lean hard you can do it with a brace, I've had 100% success with the airgun.

Reply to
Duncanwood