0-20 vs 5-20

I recently changed the oil in my 05 civic hybrid; changing the oil to 5-20 mobil 1. Is there any reason to worry? The manual does state that 5-20 is ok, but I'd like some feedback from the more knowledgeable about you. Since I've only had the oil in there for about 1000 miles, and the total mileage is about 5900 miles on the car, should I go short on this oil change and put in the original, or continue with what I'm using. Thanks...Ted

Reply to
Theodore Kaplan

"Theodore Kaplan" wrote in news:pMqig.3843$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

No.

A quote from your very own Owner's Manual (page 151), installed by Honda in your glove compartment: "You may use a synthetic motor oil if it meets the same requirements given for a conventional motor oil: it displays the API Certification Seal, and it is the proper weight. You must follow the oil and filter change intervals given on the maintenance schedule."

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Don't worry about it unless you live near permafrost!

John

Reply to
John Horner