02/CRV, no heater fan = bad resistor(?)

All of a sudden our CRV's heater fan quits, but heat still finds its way to the vents. Windows eventually defrost, but this will be a big problem in Newfoundland later this winter. The local Honda dealer
diagnosed the problem as a "resistor" needing to be replaced. The part is on order, but it'll cost me $200+install!!
My question is what kind of resistor plays a part in the fan failure, let alone a $200 resistor? What options do I have?
TIA & cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula :o)
rarewolf wrote:

Your parts diagrams are at www.slhondaparts.com, and it's actually a TRANSISTOR, I think.
Here's a few threads about fixing it yourself. http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t &779& http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t "777&
If you're handy, call back and cancel the part from the dealer...
'Curly'