1990 honda civic, whell rubbing on caliper

I had posted in here before about the problem. When I go to put on my brakes the left front wheel will start rubbing on the top of the caliper. I had
several replies from people but most of them have never seen a honda civic it seems as they kept giving wrong information like saying their are 2 mounting bolts on the caliper and also one person saying that I have anti-rattle shims or something like that which their is none for a 1990 honda civic. I will be giving this car to a friend and would like to resolve this issue before I give it to her.

There ARE two mounting bolts on each caliper.
There are two types of caliper used on that Civic: one has BOTH bolts head exposed; the other has only ONE bolt head exposed. But both types are held in place by two bolts!

Depends on the type of caliper. The one-bolt-exposed kind has different shims and clips than the two-bolt-exposed caliper.

This should be very easy to figure out, since it involves a trivially simple mechanical problem. I'm not sure you have the mechanical aptitude for this sort of thing.
If you're that concerned about this problem, take the car to a garage and let the pro's do it.
--
Tegger

Did you see the reply from Jim Beam the first time you posted?
Or the two replies from tegger the second time you posted?
Will you see these replies the third time you post?

On 06/29/2011 10:50 PM, Virgil2U wrote:

the left front wheel will start rubbing on the top of the caliper. I had several replies from people but most of them have never seen a honda civic it seems as they kept giving wrong information like saying their are 2 mounting bolts on the caliper and also one person saying that I have anti-rattle shims or something like that which their is none for a 1990 honda civic. I will be giving this car to a friend and would like to resolve this issue before I give it to her.

go back and look at the replies from the last time you posted. if they don't make sense, you should NOT be working on this vehicle and you should it to a professional that knows what they're doing.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum