1997 Civic took some water: advice please

My college kid daughter's 97 Civic was in water up to the bottom of the doors and some came in on the floorboards, roughly 1/2 inch.
I am drying out the carpets. I have checked the oil dipstick and the
transmission fluid dipstick but saw no water on them. Regardless of this I plan to get both changed tomorrow just in case.
The only other issue is a noise from the engine compartment that sounds to me like a bearing noise from a pully wheel or maybe the alternator. Not sure if it is related to the water level outside the car.
The brakes work fine and the car runs and drives fine with no problems.
Is there anything else I should be concerned about?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Ron T
The ECU (engine control unit, a.k.a. ECM and car's engine computer), typically located in the passenger side footwell, or possibly instead as shown below at the link below: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2 97&catcgry3MR+LX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=CONTROL+UNIT+-+CABIN
The only time these fail is when there's flooding.
Not sure if the flooding you describe reached it or not.
OTOH, if the car is running okay now, as you might imagine, I would take this as a good sign.
I'd try to change all belts sooner, rather than later, including the timing belt. It's lowest point is pretty low.
Isn't there a story here you want to tell the newsgroup? People here also give advice on raising children to drive safely, or help parents to laugh as their kids learn the hard way.
We older folks of course never took risks with our cars when we were young. ;-)

Thanks Elle. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Ron T