2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

I have a 2000 Accord Coupe and my brake warning light comes on even when there are no burned out bulbs. It also ocassionally goes out. Has anyone
else had this sort of problem?
Mark
Mark Savoy wrote:

You can get Owner's Manuals from the wrecking yards for about 1/3 rd of the price the dealer wants.
Here's your answer, but get a manual anyhow.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/x03-078e.pdf
'Curly'

Or you can download them for FREE from Honda: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Brake fluid.

But is this the brake LAMP warning, or the BRAKE warning?
In other words, is this the red light that has the little exclamation mark inside curved brackets? That's the one that lights if the fluid is low.
It would pay to be certain here.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Thanks for the suggestions but it's not the brake light that is coming on; it's the indicator light that comes on when you have a burned out tail light. It is located in the cluster along with the ajar door warning lights.

mismatched... sometimes if they are the same bulb bought at different times or from different mfrs.
A cheap and easy way to eliminate possibility that would be to buy a new pair of brake lamps and put them in. Then you'd even have spares!
Mike
On Thu, 25 May 2006 05:20:34 -0700, Michael Pardee wrote:

Or take it by the dealer. That's what I did last week. While I was paying for the bulb, around $3.50, His Tech put it in and didn't charge me for the labor. I think I have a good dealer. He has always been cheaper and faster than the 'Honda' shop I used.
Randy
Had this problem in my 91 Accord, turned out to be a bad connector at one of the stop lights.