Brake warning light

The brake light warning light does not come on when you first turn the ignition key on ... I checked the bulb, it is ok.

Reply to
BobC

And we are working on????

Reply to
Jim Warman

Sorry about that! I've been so involved in my wife's, father's '1991 Ford Crown Victoria .. 5L' that I suppose I thought everyone knew ;-)

I have a airbag bl> And we are working on????

Reply to
BobC

On my '90 Taurus a similar problem was caused by a defective wire connector to the master cylinder. It has three leads. Two are shorted together to assure the driver during start that the plug is connected. If the brake fluid is low continuity is made to the third lead to bring on the light.

Reply to
Bob

Checked circuit diagram for '92 (oldest I have) and what Bob says is the most likely cause.... other possibilities include wiring or ignition switch but proving a brake level sensor problem is easy..... short the two outside wires at the level sensor together and turn the key on... if the lamp lights, the problem is the level sensor.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
BobC

i have a 2000 windstar and my brakes lights keep coming on .ifound out tha neeit brakes fluid so i put some in it now is like every other day a have too put some in . check my tires and i dint see any fluid stain. idont see no sing of lickin fluid i dont know what too do anymore tony

Reply to
urdaz

stupid jamacain

hurc ast