2000 Acord V6 Diagnosis?

Car just became hard to start or not start at all. Come back and it may start as usual and run fine. Or, start and run rough. I'm thinking it's a
fuel management problem but, a new fuel pump/screen is too expensive to play "swap parts till it's fixed". Anyone here have any ideas how to diagnose? Thanks
JW wrote:

=============================================== If you've been using injector cleaner three or four times a year you shouldn't have such problems. Read the part in your manual about how to start a 'flooded' Honda. It will keep you from being stranded.
A tank of Gasohol might cure it too.
When an injector gets gummed up and starts to dribble if will flood the engine overnight, or over the weekend, which is inconvenient for Monday morning. :-(
You didn't say if the engine was spinning, or just totally dead. That's very different.
'Curly'
You are right on track...no problem turning over normally. Leaky injector makes sense. It's my daughter's car/dosen't live with us so I have no control, except when it needs something. What's the best way to tell if an injector is leaking? Thanks, Joe BTW: This all started day before yesterday and it happenened twice. She told me today that after it starts, it hasn't died on her yet...either starts and runs fine, runs rough, or won't start. Forget to ask if she could smell gas. Thanks again.

Also, I don't have the manual. Can you tell me where to find out about how to start a 'flooded' Honda? Thanks

I think it's the same with all cars, going back to the days of carburetors. Press the accelerator to the floor and hold it there while starting, letting up only when the engine comes to life. In the days of carburetors that caused the carb to let in more air than fuel and the same has been designed into ECUs one way or another ever since.
Mike

it could be a "main relay" problem;the relay energizes the fuel pump. On Hondas,the solder joints on a PCB inside the relay crack and the relay does not energize the pump,and you lose fuel pressure and the motor cranks,but will not run. The relay can be pulled,resoldered and you save at least $50 in not buying a new one.
see.www.tegger.com,look for "main relay".
Or,you could have a leaky injector(s),and they flood the motor and it won't run,or runs rough.Try injector cleaner for a few tankfuls.
Tegger's site has lots of useful info on troubleshooting such problems.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik