2003 Honda Accord EX engine noise

I have a 2003 accord with about 32k on it. For the past 3-4k I have add these unusual loud noises from my engine when I first drive the car after it has been idle for 2-3 hrs. It sounds similar to chugging
noises that comes from a lawnmower. Took it to a dealership to get it checked (2 different ones) and both said nothing seemed wrong and the noises are normal. Yet I have had several passengers complain of the noises, even from those who have 03 accords. Does anyone know what type of problem I may have? What should I do at this point?

Unless the dealer did not wait long enough, or too long, to find the fault, if there is one, I'd guess its a small exhaust leak. Exhaust manifolds can warp (but not often on new cars), and when hot, seal the leak. Have the dealer run the car till hot, then torque the exhaust manifold and front pipe joint bolts.
Stewart DIBBS

Steward, That might be the cause. I advise the original poster to have his mechanic do a test drive with you. Keep the AC and radio/CD turned off. When you hear the clugging sound--inform the mechanic. Perhaps he can identify the source of the noise. You may also want to call the mechanics listed in the yellow pages and ask them whether or not they have special rollers. The mechanic's helper drives the front wheels onto the rollers. The mechanic's helper will start your car and place it in gear. As the wheels roll on the special rollers, the mechanic watches the engine and listens for any odd sounds such as from the exhaust system, suspension system and exhaust system. Tegger might know the name of the special rollers. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
thatiteballa wrote:

--------------------- Do your inspections under the hood. . . Is the oil full, is the reservoir filled up to the MAX line? How about the rad? Tranny?
Air in the cooling system can be noisy from the inside as it burps thru the heater core.
'Curly'